09 Oct Kinesio Taping
If you love playing a sport or watching one, you’ve likely seen athletes with brightly colored tape on their arms and legs. The tape you see is called Kinesio Tape.
Kinesio Tape was invented by a Japanese chiropractor in the 70s. While the main purpose of Kinesio Tape is to reduce discomfort from injuries, other amazing benefits include –
- Kinesio tape supports muscles and joints
- It stabilizes them without limiting motion
- It reduces inflammation by microscopically lifting the skin, there by improving circulation and accelerating natural healing
- It offers support during recovery from an injury and better outcomes for rehabilitation
Kinesio Taping for Plantar Fasciitis
Foot pain on the underside of your heel may be a sign of plantar fasciitis. As part of the physical therapy regimen for plantar fasciitis, Kinesio taping can aid successful rehabilitation.
Kinesio tapingcan stabilize the fascia ligament and promote healing. The main advantages of using Kinesio taping in cases of plantar fasciitis include:
- reduced pain
- relieves pressure off the plantar fascia
- support tothe arch
- facilitates muscles to provide better support
Kinesio Taping for Tendonitis
A wide range of tendonitis conditions, such as Achilles tendonitis and posterior tibial tendonitis can cause foot and ankle pain.
Kinesio taping can serve as an effective treatment option in tendonitis. Kinesio tape is thin and elastic and can be applied over the injury. It then helps to stabilize the foot and limits any strenuous movement. Since it helps to prevent future injury, Kinesio taping may allow you to return to your sport or everyday activities sooner.