15 Sep Who is a Candidate for Orthotics?
Orthotics is the medical name for shoe inserts that are custom-made for your particular foot and ankle health needs. They provide comfort and protect your feet, preserving foot and ankle function.
Candidates for Orthotics
Orthotics prevents many foot problems, such as diabetic ulcers, comfort sore spots and protects against problems with how your foot functions and much more.
Orthotics can treat problems caused due to –
- Calluses and corns
- Toeing in and toeing out
- High arches
- Plantar fasciitis
- Achilles tendonitis
- Flat feet
- Feet that are deformed or of different sizes
- Legs that are different lengths
Types of Orthotics
Orthotics can be divided into three categories –
- Rigid orthotics is made from plastic or carbon work well in dress shoes and help to control ankle function.
- Soft orthotics is made from padded material to cushion the feet and promote good balance.
- Semi-rigid orthotics is a combination of soft and rigid material that provides pain control for athletes or those who stand or walk long hours. They correct toeing in and toeing out problems with kids, too.
If a skilled podiatrist determines that your foot and ankle health can benefit from orthotics, s/he would take a plaster mold casting of your feet. This would be used to analyze your foot structure, balance and walking style, to make the orthotics.
To learn more about foot orthotics treatment in Phoenix, Arizona at Oasis Foot and Ankle to get you back on your feet as soon as possible. Call 602-993-2700 to book an appointment today.